[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cone coil stuff makes my head swirl (fwd)

----------
From:  RWB355-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:RWB355-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, August 13, 1998 6:22 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Cone coil stuff makes my head swirl (fwd)

Hi to all,

As I am lazy about math but still want to build Tesla coils I am presently
 writing a coiler program. I know that a lot of people have done that but none
 of the programs contain all the info I want. Up to now no prob. What really
 has gotten me stuck is the conical coil.
I have heard of the Wheeler equation. The problem is that I already have a
 given (calculated) inductance.
My inputs are: coil width, angle of the cone, inductance (calculated) and the
 radius of the inner winding of the cone. I want to know the number of turns
 needed.
Either you canīt use the Wheeler formula to calc the needed turns or my brain
 just conked out.
If any of you heavy magic math guys could help and supply me with the needed
 formula I would be grateful until deathīs end.

Thanks & keep coiling
Reinhard