[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: To Kevin

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, September 15, 1997 7:07 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: To Kevin

To: Alfred & Greg L.

Many of the later design induction coils did use a primary capacitor to
resonate the primary inductance with the secondary inductance.  Some of
them performed better than a standard turns ratio would predict because
they were actually resonance transformers with an iron core but not in the
classical sense of enclosed magnetic field as the core was straight.

We also made an experimental Tesla coil with a ferrite core.  We stuck a
long ferrite rod about 50% up inside a fiberglass water tank and
pressurized the tank with nitrogen gas.  It did work quite well and did not
spark over to the ferrite rod around which we wound a heavy 4 AWG welding
cable.  Only problem was we had to bleed the gas each time to effect tuning
until we got it right. This was about 15 years ago so I don't have all the
details of the unit anymore.  Ferrite cores don't necessarily destroy a
Tesla coil providing the design is proper.

Sincerely hoping this doesn't become another "Coulomb" post!!!!!

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: 'Tesla List' <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

Flybacks usually