[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: console gounding question

From: 	randy-at-gte-dot-net[SMTP:randy-at-gte-dot-net]
Sent: 	Friday, October 31, 1997 2:44 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: console gounding question

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Bear in mind that, according to what I have read, soil resistance checks
are best done measuring the AC resistance of the soil, as it acts
electrolytically, i.e. a DC voltage will "charge" each grounded probe
like the two plates of a capacitor. This is supposedly why one good
3' ground rod isn't of much use for lightning purposes; during the event
the surrounding earth charges like any good dielectric, and when it is
"full" the rest of the juice goes to the next available target.
I am not an explosives expert, nor EE, but I have inadvertantly blown up
numerous electronic items...once sent forty diodes to thier graves
simultaneously, leaving only their leads to show that(aside from the
charred circuit board) that anything had ever been there. Made quite a
bit of noise too.
Randy