[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: please help

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, October 30, 1997 10:28 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: please help

to: Chris

If you are limited to 30 ma as the charging current you should keep your
total cap value to around .005 MF (5000 pF).  With that coil setup a small
toroid of around 12 x 3 or 8 x 3 would work out best.  Larger toroids offer
more output but require larger primary caps or more turns on the primary.
If you are stuck with doorknobs you will need to parallel units to achieve
an overall value of .004 or .005 MFD.  As an alternative send us $7 for
shipping and we will donate a .004 MFD cap to your project which should
match fine with your existing transformer.  As many a younger coil builder
has learned the hard way building a coil and especially procuring the parts
for a high school or science fair project usually requires about twice the
amount of planned time.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net