[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sparks On Secondary

From: 	Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, October 27, 1997 7:19 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Sparks On Secondary

<<
 Hello,
         I recently changed my primary coil to allow me to tune to a larger
 toroid. Before this I was not having any trouble with my system. As soon as
 I added another turn of primary I have had sparks on the secondary coil,
 jumping from one wire up say 5-6 inches. I think that the insulation is not
 strong enough on the primary coil, because my secondary is fairly new and I
 have never had any trouble with it before this. Should I just try to
 insulate the primary more heavily??
 			Thank You
                          Andrew Meyer

Andrew,

The main problem with arcing on the secondary is due to improper tuning
(primary and secondary not being in tune) or the coupling between the primary
and secondary is too tight.  If you are sure the system is in tune, try
raising the secondary up away from the primary about .50" at a time until it
stops.

Ed Sonderman