[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bad Poly

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 04:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: gweaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
To: Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Bad Poly

I bought 2 rolls of 10' x 50' polyethylene .006 mil at the lumber yard last
year during Christmas vacation to make capacitors with.  I made 4 caps with
one roll of poly.  A few days ago I opened the 2nd box of poly and found the
plastic to be filled with trash.  The polyethylene looked like #60 grit sand
paper in some places.  Tiny pieces of dirt, rock, sand, metal shavings, saw
dust were extruded into the plastic sheet.  If anyone is planning to buy
some polyethylene to make capacitors I would suggest you open the box and
look at the plastic before you buy it.

I don't have my sales receipt to return the polyethylene to the lumber yard
for a refund.  So I went to the same lumber yard and bought a new roll of
polyethylene.  I took the new box of poly out to the truck and got the old
box that I wanted to return.  I used the receipt from the new box of poly to
get a refund on the old box of poly.

Gary Weaver