[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In need of help

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 3 Oct 1997 17:08:16 CST
From: LDodson-at-ykc-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: In need of help

Hello all,
I have been a member of this group for a short time and have tried to
understand
the messages going back and forth, but most of it is WAY over my head.
I have a good grasp of the basics but I am in need of help in setting up
a coil.
I have a xfrm from a neon that has only one side hot.  It is 120 to
15000, 30m.a.,
Today I bought about 2.5 lbs. of #22 magnet wire for the secondary, I
will probably
wind the secondary on a 4" pvc. of about 24" long.  I have the hook-up
wire, and such
but what I need is some advice on Chokes, open coils or iron powder
torrids, and
caps.  I have read quite a lot about this way is better than that, but
not if done this
way..............I know this seems long but I would like this project to
work, unlike the first
one.  Can you say "smoke test", at least I know the smoke alarm works.
Any help would be greatly appreciated......          Thanks, Lynn