[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Twin Configurations

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 12:24:03 -0400
From: Thomas McGahee <tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Tesla Twin Configurations

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Tesla Twin Configurations
> Date: Wednesday, October 01, 1997 10:08 PM

Malcolm,
Exactly. And what you have then is a Twin Magnifier, correct?

And this brings up another interesting point. What occurs at the base
of a "classic" Tesla coil secondary is NOT the same as what occurs up
the rest of the secondary. In fact, I believe that every Tesla coil
is a BIT like a Magnifier, in that there is a part of the secondary
that is (shall I say) like the Driver section, and the rest of the
"secondary" is reacting somewhat like the Extra coil. Maybe if we
made the base of the secondary a bit differently we could increase
the similarities and increase our arc output.

Sorry I messed up on my description of your coil, Malcolm. Guess it
wan't one of my better days. I whipped up that post between some of
my classes, and didn't actually refer back to your original post...
and my memory messed things up. Gads, I must be going senile!!

Fr. Tom McGahee