[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Twin Configurations

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 09:04:24 +1200
From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Tesla Twin Configurations

Fr McGahee,
            A light just went on in my head. Here is the reason the
twin's base connection will *never* be completely at ground potential:

*The zero voltage point occurs a small way up the driven resonator
winding!!!!*  Why?  Imagine you separate the rest of the resonator
from the bottom few turns. Now it is obvious isn't it? :)  So now,
the *best way* of implementing this scheme becomes clear: use a
separate driver transformer with the midpoint of its secondary tapped
and connected to ground. Now both bases are elevated as before (and
now in the opposite polarity), but pri-resonator clearances are no
longer an issue :)
   BTW, I didn't use multi-layered secondaries either.

Malcolm