[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My Coil: Problems?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 09:46:26 -0500
From: "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: My Coil: Problems?

To: Tom

Your toroid is too high above the last secondary turn -- and perhaps your
tuning is off just a bit.  Top of last turn of secondary to bottom of
toroid should be no more than 1 1/2 inches max for most small coils.  Any
more and electrostatic shielding is not very effective especially with
smaller toroids like 12 x 3, etc.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net