[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: coil form questions

From: 	randy-at-gte-dot-net[SMTP:randy-at-gte-dot-net]
Reply To: 	randy-at-gte-dot-net
Sent: 	Sunday, November 16, 1997 2:34 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Cc: 	rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-net.pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	coil form questions

I tried to post some of these questions previously, but either the
post didn't make it or the replies never made it to me.

1.What about fiberglass? If properly sealed, would this make a suitable
  form material? They do make helical-wound 'glass antennas for HF use.
2.What about tapered coil forms; any problems here?
3.What about those orange "road cones" for traffic control. The usual
  variety that I see are one-piece semi-rigid or rather floppy, but I
  have seen 2-piece (base,cone) type that are somewhat stiffer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,
Randy Venable