[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube Coil Wattage?

From: 	Andrew Chin[SMTP:chinny-at-ozemail-dot-com.au]
Sent: 	Friday, November 14, 1997 12:13 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Tube Coil Wattage?

Wouldn't the power of the coil be equal to the power drawn from the
mains?
Granted, a Tesla coil is far more efficeint than a conventional
transformer (>100%), so maybe you could say that the power of the coil
is at LEAST the power drawn from the mains?

If a Tesla coil was a conventional transformer, then power calculations
would be so much easier.  All you would need to do is use the power
formula, Power=current x voltage.  A transformer will change current and
voltage, but the input power will always equal the output power. (For a
100% efficient transformer of course)