[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE- Microwave trannies in series

From:	Alfred A. Skrocki [SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent:	Wednesday, November 12, 1997 11:57 AM
To:	Tesla List
Subject:	Re: RE- Microwave trannies in series

On Tuesday, November 11, 1997 1:35 AM Robert Michaels
[SMTP:robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org] wrote;
On Tuesday, November 11, 1997 1:35 AM

> P.S.:  If they're cheap and available as you write, then
> go ahead and try it.  You might get as much as several
> hours of operation before the weakest transformer fails.

One might immerse the transformers in mineral oil to increase the odds a
bit, but at 10 KV and above I still don't think it'll hold. Probably ones
best bet would be to remove the original secondary and replace it with one
with more turns (for higher voltage output) and better insulation, so it
could handle the 10KV + , and the way they weld the laminations together
on these little monsters is going to make that one difficult job.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/