[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: resistors

From: 	Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, November 10, 1997 10:50 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: resistors

<<
 I am working on protection of my transformer.  I have bypass caps off
 each HV bushing to ground and I also have two chokes on each HV bushing.
 I have read stuff about using resistors.  Could someone give me some
 info on what they are used for, where they go, and some values to look
 for?

 thanks
 Kevin Wahila

Kevin,

On my smaller coil (3.5" dia) powered by neon sign transformers, I use two
3000 ohm 50 watt resistors.  One in each high voltage leg between the
transformer and the tank circuit.  That is the only protection I use on this
system other than a safety gap.  Have not had any problems.

Ed Sonderman