[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Richard Quick Toroids

From: 	Adam[SMTP:absmith-at-tiac-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, November 05, 1997 11:25 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Richard Quick Toroids

That's a commercially spun toroid.  There is no way you can make anything
like that at home, and it would probably cost you about $400-$500 to
order one just like that one.  On the positive side, the homemade ducting
+ aluminum tape toroids work every bit as well, providing you smooth them
over well by rubbing them with something hard and plastic.  Pressing
firmly and rub with a circular motion, but don't press too hard and dent
the thing.  Smoothing out the tape wrinkles makes it much harder for the
spark to break out prematurely.

-Adam

Adam Smith
absmith-at-tiac-dot-net