[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Another "dumb thought"

From: 	Thornton, Russ #CSR2000[SMTP:ThorntoR-at-rc.pafb.af.mil]
Sent: 	Wednesday, November 05, 1997 10:17 AM
To: 	'Tesla discussion Group'
Subject: 	Another "dumb thought"

This just occurred to me(scares me when that happens) and probably
someone else has already been through this, but...

Has anyone considered, for modeling and testing purposes, replacing
their neon with a step-down transformer to, say, just a few volts and
replacing the spark gap with a transistor switch synched to 60Hz?

This would allow direct voltage and current measurement in relative
safety.  I think it would also be interesting to investigate changing
the phase of the suedo gap.

I wish I had my coil built so I could try this.

Any comments?
Russ Thornton
CSR 2040,
Building 989, Rm.  A1-N20