[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re Secondary Coil Resonant Frequency?

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 02, 1997 3:55 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Re Secondary Coil Resonant Frequency?

At 11:46 PM 11/1/97 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

NONE WHATSOEVER!  RH

>It seems like finding the self inductance of the coil and the
>self-capacitance and using these values to calculate the frequency by
>1/(2pi*sqrt(LC)) would give the correct results, and such calculations
>could also be made to include the toroid.
Good starting point..RH

>But, how do you find these two values by calculation alone (before
>building the thing)??? Do you have to resort to a messy Biot-Savart
>calculation, or is there a quick approximation?

Quick approximation is best and is found in a number of free or inexpensive
Tesla coil Specific computer programs such as Couture's or Linderly's old
programs.  They are based more upon real models than pure theoretical
machinations....RH

>Could someone give us solved example of how it is really done??? (that's
>a challenge!)

Not me... I just build the things.  RHULL,TCBOR