[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Gap(rule of thumb)

Subject:  Re: Spark Gap(rule of thumb)
  Date:  Thu, 29 May 1997 19:45:53 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Tue, 27 May 1997 17:03:47 -0400 (EDT) Bob Schumann
<tesla-at-america-dot-com> wrote;

> Howdy coilers,
>         I can't find my notes (age) that tells me the
> rule of thumb for distance between spark gaps
> for applied voltage. Can someone give me the rule
> of thumb?

Hi Bob, I've always used about 30,000 volts per inch as a guide.
I tend to under rate this for safety gaps and use it as a starting
point when setting up static or rotary gaps.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/