[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wire Guage Sizes

Subject:  Re: Wire Guage Sizes
  Date:   Tue, 27 May 1997 19:17:08 +0000
  From:   "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 11:23 PM 5/25/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Subject:  Wire Guage Sizes
>  Date:  Fri, 23 May 1997 23:04:51 +1000 (EST)
>  From:  Rodney Davies <rgd872-at-anu.edu.au>
>    To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

>Hi all,
>
>I'm wondering if there is a wire guage to secondary size
>proportionality.

-------------------------------   Big snip

  Rodney -

  There is a graph in my Tesla Coil Design Manual that shows secondary
wire
sizes vs power transformer wattage for coils from 10 watts to 60 KW.
Over
two dozen other graphs are also shown for sec and pri radius, pri
capacirance, K factors, etc. These graphs are based on data I have
collected
from dozens of successful coils built by me and other coilers.

  In the Tesla Coil Construction Guide there is a unique step by step
procedure for designing your own Tesla coils including easy
calculations.
Many coilers have put this design method on their spreadsheets.

  I will email descriptions of my books and JHCTES computer program to
anyone who will privately email me that they would like this
information.

  John Couture