[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Refining 10kv -at- 23ma

Subject:     Re: Refining 10kv -at- 23ma
      Date:  Fri, 23 May 1997 10:18:10 +0000
      From:  Chris Gardner <gchristo-at-clt.mindspring-dot-com>
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:   Re: Refining 10kv -at- 23ma
>   Date:    Thu, 22 May 1997 11:46:20 -0400 (EDT)
>   From:   FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
>     To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

> I have a couple of questions for you;  do you use a toroid,
> and do you use a 140 volt input variac?    Hope some of this
> is helpful, and I'd be interested to hear how your project
> comes along.
>
> John Freau

Toroid, yep, about 4" by 1' Al dryer duct, no tape just stapled
together. The Variac? well, this is a 20amp unit which is marked up to
130v, and I have this bad habit of turning counter clockwise until it
stops ;)

Next area or focus is my secondary ground connection, caus it really
aint so hot, and mabye a new secondary, caus its been suggested that #30
wire has too much resistance.
I must admit, and Im no EE mind you, that this seems odd. I dont really
have the experience or vocabulary to describe my intuition, so im going
to keep my mouth shut till Ive actually tried it.