[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A question about LCR circuits

Subject:  Re: A question about LCR circuits
  Date:   Thu, 15 May 1997 14:25:13 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   DavidF4797-at-aol-dot-com
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<< I am of the opinion that belief falls squarely in the realm of
 metaphysics, not science. >>

In otherwords you have a belief that "belief " falls squarely in the
relam of
metaphysics, not science ......

Last time I checked, science rests on certain *assumptions*
(translation:
Beliefs).  It is therefore directly deduceable (not a belief) that
belief is
an integral part of any science.

BTW, any ideas, say for a given primary power suply of 6.5kv-at-40ma
(2.6kw),
typical coupling, a cap size of .01mf, and pri inductance of about 50uh,
 what the minimum sec coil height might be to discourage flashover from
top
to bottom of sec? Would like to use with either 4.5" or 6.5" O.D. sec.
Would
like to keep sec height to the bare min without needing to resort to
heroic
efforts (oil, was, etc.).  Paln to run coil with a tiny top capacitance
of
crown like shape with many sharp breakout points to reduce volage
buildup and
pressure on sec.  Rough intuitions appreciated to head me in the right
direction.

Thanks

-DaivdF-