[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Skin Effect... and More(croft

Subject:  Re: Skin Effect... and More(croft
  Date:   Thu, 8 May 1997 00:55:44 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Mon, 05 May 1997 06:42:13 -0700 Bert Hickman
<bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com> wrote;

> > I'm sold! Any hints on where to find a copy?
>
> Alfred and all,
>
> Unfortunately, no. I've checked all of my usual "used book" haunts on
> the Web with little success, so I've now sent my request to a number of
> firms that do searches for out of print books. I'm actually trying to
> locate the two earlier editions, since Morecroft removed much of the
> radio telegraphy material when he went from the 1st to the 2nd edition,
> and again when he went to the third, since electron tubes (valves) were
> rapidly displacing spark systems.

The desire for the earlier editions is understandable!

> In general, a number of good places for helping you find
> used books on the web include: ...

Thanks for the URL's! Localy the number of good used book stores has
been rapidly deminishing! Only saving grace is that any copies out
there will probably still be there when I finally uncover them. <G>
The really sad part is most of the used book stores I know of don't
touch technical books, they claim that they never move or it's too
specialized.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/