[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nikola Tesla

Subject:       Nikola Tesla
       Date:   Thu, 08 May 1997 09:32:24 -0700
       From:   gene lambert <tesla-at-cyberverse-dot-com>
         To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

After being subscribed for six months or so, I have a question:

does anyone here have any interest in tesla the man? Although I have
built a tesla coil, I have seen little discussion of Tesla the man here.
Also, the implications of his ideas and inventions in civilization. If
others here have a like mind, i'd like to draw attention to a ad from
our electric utilities, in the February 1997 Scientific American, page
9. I quote:

Ideas just wouldn't be the same without Thomas Edison.

America's Eletric Utilities salute Thomas Alva Edison on the 150th
annirversary of his birth. His ideas for the incadescent light
transformed how we see the world. "And his development of the eletrical
generation and distribution system brings that light into our homes"
(qoutes mine). His countless bright ideas have made brighter lives for
us all. AMERICAS ELECTRIC UTILITY COMPANIES.

Does this seem misleading to anyone else?

Any comments?

Gene Lambert