[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE Toroids and noise

Subject:   Re: RE Toroids and noise
  Date:    Wed, 7 May 1997 13:20:37 -0400 (EDT)
  From:    Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:    tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

-snip-

<<
 T>First, can I make a toroid (like a 3" outer ring diameter, with a
 total
 T>of 12" wide) by covering foam toroids they sell in craft store with
 T>aluminum foil? I can't see why not? I think it would he a real good
 one.

         Most such foam is heat-sensitive.  It will suffice for a
         toroid =only= if the point heating from a Tesla discharge
         does not melt or decompose the foam.

-snip-

I have made several toroids (up to 14" dia) with styrofoam rings.  I cut
plastic disc to fit in the center and tape it in place with plastic
shipping
tape.  I also cover all the styrofoam with tape then cover the whole
thing
with adhesive backed aluminum foil tape.  They work great, are easy to
make
and are cheap.

Ed Sonderman