[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary inductance

Subject:  Re: Primary inductance
  Date:   Wed, 7 May 1997 13:18:57 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<< I'm having some difficulty measuring the inductance of my primary
coil -
 think because of old and crotchety test equipment, but maybe it's just
 stupidity.  At any rate, I'm wondering - I have 13 turns of 1/4" copper
 tubing on a 30 degree bank, spreading out from 6 inches to about 25
 inches.
  Does anybody with a similarly-sized primary know its inductance?  (I
am
 just
 trying to get a benchmark, to see where the problem might lie.)
 Thanks!!
    Aaron Datesman

Aaron,

Assuming your spacing between turns is 1/4", I calculate approximately
54
microheneries.

Ed Sonderman