[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: plastic bottle caps

  Date:
        Thu, 27 Mar 1997 00:41:28 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 08:57 AM 3/26/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Subject:
>        plastic bottle caps
>  Date:
>        Wed, 26 Mar 1997 16:01:29 +0200
>  From:
>        Kenneth Aaron <kennetha-at-geocities-dot-com>
>    To:
>        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

>Bottle capacitors can be built from glass bottles with a bolt
>down the middle.....
>Can a plastic bottle be used instead, I have these huge 2 litre
>soft drinks bottles and was wondering if they are appropriate.

Any good insulator of low loss is ok provided it can withsatnd the
voltage.
plastic bottles might prove a bit thin and lossey for higher voltages.
R. Hull

>Second question, what does the oil that is placed on top of the
>salt water used for ?

To prevent evaporation of the water and supress corona. R. Hull