[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Stretch film capacitors?

Subject:
        Stretch film capacitors?
  Date:
        Wed, 26 Mar 1997 23:32:30 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        "Kelly Seuferer" <seuf-at-freenet.tlh.fl.us>
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

I have been recently preparing to build a rolled poly capacitor and
searching for a reasonable supplier of the poly sheeting.  Browsing
through
a plastics catalog, I noticed they had stretch film at a real cheap
price.
This is the stuff warehouses use to wrap up pallets of boxes with.  It
comes
in a variety of sizes (60, 70, 80, and 90 mil) and lengths.

Would this material be a suitable replacement for poly?  If so, how
could I
find out the dielectric constant and breakdown voltage?  If not, does
anybody have a good source for poly sheeting?

Kelly