[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SCR's

  Date:
        Fri, 21 Mar 1997 20:55:34 -0700
  From:
        "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:
        "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

To: Ed Phillips

Have you ever tried using a more expensive oil-filled coil such as an
Accel
Supercoil or the Mallory High Performance coil?  As you mentioned, they
are
more expensive, however, they are already
oil filled and rated to 60 KV operation.  No transformer oil to mess
with
and they should produce a 3-4 inch spark at that potential.

The capacitor value may vary somewhat to obtain best resonance with the
primary.

I was unable to retrieve you GIF file.  If possible please send it via
snail mail and I will reimburse you for your postal expense.  Please
forward to:

        Joe Corman
        10700 N La Reserve Dr  #16102
        Tucson,  AZ  85737