[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: - Re: OLD Tubes/Coils (fwd) - filament power (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 97 06:07:24 UT
From: William Noble <William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: - Re: OLD Tubes/Coils (fwd) - filament power

you said:
                 Under-run the filament somewhat
                (say 10%) - the life will be greatly increased
                (I believe filament life goes as the inverse of
                the =fifth power= of the voltage if I remember
                correctly  [maybe only the =fourth= -- it's
                a big factor] )
[Bill]  According to the GE light bulb book, it's the 13th power for lamp
filaments (life/rated life to rated volts/applied volts), I don't see why
tubes should be different.  That makes your case even stronger