[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CAPACITOR (paper)

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, June 26, 1997 10:18 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: CAPACITOR (paper)

To: Richard

Your cap is probably the culprit.  Substitution is the fastest way to make
the diagnosis.  Try a commercial cap (perhaps borrow one from another local
coiler) in place of your cap and see what happens.

A second thought -- not knowing the value of your cap -- is your xmfr just
doesn't have enough drive current to power the cap & system.  If you are
using a .01 MFD cap it will require a minimum of 60 ma for effective
performance.  A .005 MFD unit will work best with a 30 ma drive
irregardless of the potential 9-12 kv.

Hope this helps you back on the path to happy sparkin'

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net