[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 60 vs. 30 ma

From: 	Shawn Collins[SMTP:rubidium-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, June 23, 1997 1:47 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: 60 vs. 30 ma

At 01:24 PM 6/22/97 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

It seems to me that if your neon is loaded down by a charging cap that it
will charge it faster if greater current is available. As the voltage across
the neon rises the cap will continue to charge. Current is definitely part
of the equation here because of the intial voltage drop during charging !

Of course if you are dealing with a small cap that can charge with the
available current to full potential in a quarter cycle, then increasing
charging current will have no effect. Only when the cap is not charged to
full potential in a 1/4 cycle is there a need for more current.

JC