[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: In vs. Out [small magnefier ]

From: 	David Trimmell[SMTP:dwt-at-efn-dot-org]
Sent: 	Monday, July 21, 1997 11:33 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: In vs. Out [small magnefier ]

DR.RESONANCE:

"I have an 803 with matching 3,000
volt, 1.2 ampere power supply and matching filiment xmfr."

 3200 Watts seams abit high for one 803. The plate is rated at 2000v
with only 125 Watt dissapation. I have two, and powered with filtered DC
the plates get a nice dull red glow at about 1200 Watts.

"I'm not looking for spark-excited performance but thought a nice 36-48
inch discharge would be a good starting point."

 I believe John Freau was able to get 36" with around 5KVA?

 One of my next projects would be to do what you sugest, a free
resonating Tube powered coil. Let me know how you progress. One
question, though, how will the tight coupling between primary and
secondary affect the feedback/grid coil? Any major modifications?

David Trimmell