[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Winding directions

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, July 12, 1997 7:00 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Winding directions

to: Mike

Most coil builders try to wind both pri and sec coils in the same
direction.  This is not really necessary until you are constructing a
"magnifier" type coil in which the "driver" pri & sec coils are very
tightly coupled with a k of 0.3 or greater.  As a rule of thumb try to
match your primary direction to the same winding direction as the sec.
inductor.  If you get confused just look at both coils from a "birds-eye
view" and this will help out..\

Hope this helps.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net