[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"Medhurst" method for the self-capacitance of an air-core coil

    "Michael,"

  That's MichEAl.

    "Could you please share the analytical expression you're using?"

  I would very much prefer to do that *after* I finalize the constants based on
the the original data.  As it now stands I'm accurately matching what I suspect
is noisy data and I'd rather not release a formula that I will have to update
in the near future.  Version skew causes problems since some people will end up
using the outdated version and I'll have a hard time tracking down everyone who
is using it.  Arguments will ensue about which answers are *really* correct and
fist-fights will break out every time Tesla-coil designs are discussed (B^).

  The sooner I get access to the two previously cited papers (referenced in the
4th edition of the "Radiotron Designer's Handbook") the sooner everyone gets a
copy of the resulting formula (hint, hint B^).

    Micheal Cranford      Resident Skeptic      Intel P6 Architecture Labs