[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary wire types

Howdy to all-

Ok, now that I have figured out what kind of components I need to use
(Thanks to those who have helped get me this far)  I need to figure out
one more item and then construction of my first coil can begin :)

I have seen several posts about using magnetic wire for the secondary
wiring - my question is this:  should a person use only magnetic wire or
can you use other types?  What is the best?  I am using 20 gauge in my
design.

Also, when winding, I assume I am going to have to use several spools of
wire (or does a person need to get one large continuous spool of wire?)
- can I just solder the end of the one wire from one spool to the wire
of the next spool and then keep winding?  Or, is there a different
method that I need to follow?

Thanks again,

Nathan
--