[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Calculating Sec. Voltage

At 11:25 PM 2/11/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com Tue Feb 11 23:20:50 1997
>Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 00:31:26 -0500 (EST)
>From: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Calculating Sec. Voltage
>
><< results were way below the "pie in the sky" estimates above.  The three
>inch
> >arc coil measured 28KV AC RF at 1.3mhz!!!!  This can't be used as a guide
>as
>> in 9.333333333 KV per inch to extrapolate to larger systems unless you are
>> into serious self deception.
>
>> Who measured this 3.5mv voltage again!!!
>
>>Richard Hull, TCBOR
>  >>

>Considering the growing of sparks due to ion cloud effects,  I (ballpark)
>estimate no more than 600 kV (maybe less) for a 15 foot Tesla coil spark.
>
>John Freau
>
>John,

What a pair you've got!!!  Saying that here!  Heresey!

I might not be quite so bold as you, but if it comes to sidin' with the 1
megavolt/meter of spark crowd or defending you projection, I'd rather be in
your corner.  Nonetheless, nice response, even if it may seem a "knee-jerk"
reaction to many, I look at it as more of a wake up call!

Richard Hull, TCBOR