[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Re: Pulsing DC

T>Tesla List wrote:
T>>
T>> T>It seem to me if a DC power source could be pulsed at resonate frequency
T>> T>it would work fine for a Tesla Coil.
T>>
T>>         I don't know about the pulsing of the dc power source, but
T>>         you're starting to make my head throb:
T>>
T>>         It doesn't matter a twit whether it pulses or not.  Or how
T>>         either.  The primary of a TC requires oscillatory current
T>>         whose frequency matches the natural resonance of the primary-
T>>         secondary-terminus combination.   Period.

T>This segment caused some concern... while your response is correct, it
T>could
T>be confusing to a person who doesn't have your background and
T>experience. The

        You're very kind.  I'm touched.  (Notice I said "kind",
        not "accurate).

T>original poster talked about "pulsing" the DC supply. The pulsing would
T>result
T>in a theoretical square wave at a particular frequency. If the frequency
T>of the
T>square wave was at resonance with the tank circuit then, yes, it would
T>work fine
T>for a TC. This is the fundamental theory behind every solid state TC
T>I've seen.
T>Once a square wave enters a tank circuit, it becomes oscillatory just
T>the same
T>as the old breaker-condenser-ignition coil tank circuit used in cars
T>prior to
T>the 1970s.
T>--
T>Rick Holland

        Correction accepted as rendered.  Thanks.  I had forgotten
        about that type of DC TC.  Used to like the idea of them
        too -- from their kinship with things in nature which
        throb (or pulse, if you prefer).

T> The Answer is 42.

        Great!  Terrific!

        Er, ah,...um,  what was the question again?

                                Pulsing away,

                                Robert Michaels

      [ The Answer (for me) is =69= ]