[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

First Coil

Hi all,
I finally found a couple of neon transformers and am now getting ready
for coil building. The transformers are rated at 240V input and output
is 15000/30mA and 10000/30mA. Both transformers work well. My question
is thus....
What else do I need to begin. From my understanding these neons will
suit a smallish coil which is all I plan on starting with. I would like
to buy a cap if possible as I am not that skilled at making one. What
should I look for?
Also, I am a little confused about pulling apart the neons and
dissolving the tar etc. Is this necessary or is it only if I want to
beef up the output or repair the beasts. Sorry I sound so vague, but I
am new to this and would like to get it right (or there near abouts) the
first time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Russell.
rwt-at-ozemail-dot-com.au