[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Polystyrene Gluing

Hi all,
         Thanks for the help and suggestions. I previously wrote....

> A friend at work has just advised me that he bought a polystyrene
> kite kitset a few years ago and they included PVA in the kit for
> gluing.

I tried this in the weekend and found that the drying time is a lot
longer than than for wood. Stands to reason of course. The stuff is
normally absorbed by wood fibres and the solvent/s evaporate easily
whereas the glue is preserved anerobically (sp?) in plastic bottles
:( It probably won't completely dry as it dries from the outside of
the seams inwards. It is working to some extent though.

Malcolm