[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Inter-connecting Primary and Secondary

At 12:25 AM 2/7/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: maleske-at-worldchat-dot-com Fri Feb  7 00:13:34 1997
>Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 18:55:16 -0500
>From: Tim Maleske <maleske-at-worldchat-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Inter-connecting Primary and Secondary
>
>    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]
>    [Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set]
>    [Some characters may be displayed incorrectly]
>

>Greetings.
>
>Just a quick coil question.
>
>In 'Prodigal Genius' it says
>
>	A high voltage coil with one end dead greatly simplified many problems.
>One 	of Tesla's biggest problems was insulating  .......  primary which
>energized it. 	Tesla's discovery eliminated the voltage entirely from one
>end of the 	secondary so it could be connected directly to the primary  or
>to the ground, 	while the other end continued to spout it's lightning.
>
>What effect does it have on the output of the coil when the secondary is
>connected to the primary. Does this induce more strikes to the primary or
>reduce them. What about the RF in the coil. Is there more of a chance of
>feeding back into the electrical mains when this direct connection is used
>? And ultimately does this type of connection improve\reduce\not change the
>quality\quantity\type of the discharge from the coil.
>

>******** Tim Maleske ***********************************
>*
>*     There is nothing better
>*	Than having the biggest tool
>*
>**************** maleske-at-worldchat-dot-com ************
>
>Tim,

As long as the secondary connection to the primary is also connected to
ground you are OK.  The sparks are generally hotter in this set up and the
output RF waveform is altered a bit.  I found it very useful in DC powered
systems.  Most folks isolate their primary and secondary systems though.

Richard Hull, TCBOR