[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Oil Paper Caps.

From: 	Bert Pool[SMTP:bertpool-at-flash-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, December 11, 1997 6:16 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Oil Paper Caps.

Use great caution with silicone sealants and oil - I have had oil soften and
ruin silicone outdoor sealant!  If you are going to use a silicone sealant,
I'd recommend the type that automotive parts stores sell for use as gasket
material for the cylinder heads - it is specifically designed for use with
oil.  And unless the oil you are using contains unusual additives, it should
work just fine.  I prefer using a really good two-part epoxy - here in the
US, JB Weld is my favorite.