Re: explosive hydroforming for toroids and spheres

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, December 06, 1997 4:48 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: explosive hydroforming for toroids and spheres

On Tuesday, December 02, 1997 10:50 AM Jim Lux
[SMTP:jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net] wrote;

> The tricky part is getting the explosives (legally) and determining the
> amount to use. I have done some preliminary research in this area with
> respect to the Los Angeles region and have discovered that there is  truly
> stunning amount of regulation. You need a permit from the ATF to purchase
> and use the explosives. To get that, you need either a pyrotechnician
> license or a blaster's license from the state of California. A suitable
> pyro card will take 4 years licensed experience, and wouldn't even be
> technically legal for this use. A blaster's license takes 3 years
> experience, and there isn't a box to check for "manufacturing" or "R&D" on
> the application form: you get to choose mining, excavation, or seismic
> work. Finally, the local fire department will look somewhat askance at your
> activities, not to mention the problems with storage, since most explosives
> dealers don't want to work in small quantities (i.e. < 50 pounds).

You can get around the problem of aquiring the explosives by makeing them 
yourself! I just don't know how legal that is!


                              \\  ~ ~  //
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                        -----(   )---(   )-----
                              \ (     ) /
                               \_)   (_/