[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

5 gallon bucket cap

From: 	Raymond C. Howes[SMTP:rchowes-at-email.msn-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, December 01, 1997 10:02 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	5 gallon bucket cap

Hi all, Ray here again with some questions.
I have read some where, and can't remember where, about someone building a
flat plate cap in a 5 gallon bucket.Any ideas or formulas for making such a
thing?
I figured I might give it a try and also it woulnd'nt have to be pumped down
something I don't have access to.
For a flat plate cap with 2-15kv-at-30ma transfomers how many sheets of 6 mil
polyethylene should be put between the aluminum plates?How many plates to
get at least .01 to .018uf?
I'm using 8- 32oz bottles right now and would like to use something more
compact and easier to move around.
I have my first coil running (at what I think is great) and getting great
streamers at 19"inches. I was able to measure the strikes from the torid to
a door jamb it was hitting.
( I'm working in a garage away from the house.)
I wrote earlier about wiring 2 neons. I was able to get it to work but 1 of
them is weaker than the other. I have read that it is possible to revive it
by heating and melting the tar inside. I don't have to take it apart or
anything but just heat it in the oven?
Everything runs good except the power falls off about 30 to 40 seconds of
running time.
Let it cool down and it runs great again for 30 or 40 seconds, figured this
had to do with the weak tranny.Stopped using it for now.I don't think I
would like to take on the task of taking one apart,will start searching for
new neons after christmas.

Any help with a flat plate design would be appreciated.
                               Thanks again for all the help.
                                                        Ray
rchowes-at-msn-dot-com