[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Parrafin wax

From: 	DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, August 29, 1997 6:51 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Parrafin wax

Hi all ,

      Paraffin mixed with petroleum jelly makes
a good vacuum / stopcock grease ---

       I dont remember the proportions --but
it seems as though less petroleum jelly than
paraffin (considerably less) .

        melt the paraffin & add the petroleum jelly ---
hot stuff drives off moisture and entrained air ---

        I belive the mix can be vacuum processed as well .

        I have as yet not tested the dielectric strength
but i think it may help to re-pot hv things

regards,
              Sandy
]