[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help me

From: 	Felix[SMTP:73374.1547-at-CompuServe.COM]
Sent: 	Wednesday, August 27, 1997 7:14 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Help me

Those numbers sound unusual. For an output of for instance 5000 v at
2 amps, the input would have to be 220 v at something over 50 amps,
assuming they work on 220 v input. In other words, they'd need a
supply at least comparable with the largest household appliance, like
an electric range. So make sure you can supply them appropriately.
But for all I know they could require three-phase (industrial type)
supply.
For ordinary neons, I've been getting used but working 12 kv 30 ma
transformers from a local sign shop for $15 apiece. About four of
these would be as many as you could work off a 110-v 20 amp branch
circuit and should be enough for a couple of feet or so of arc.