[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DC power supply again

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Monday, August 25, 1997 2:55 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: DC power supply again

Hi Greg,

Things are getting hot. I measured that with a power meter. The power
transformer can really cook - it has far too much winding resistance.
It is actually a souped-up dinky lab demo model. I wound a primary
for it that brings the core close to saturation (Imag around 6A) to
get more volts out. Mains in is 230VAC. The cap is also a bit lossy
and does get warm. But mainly the transformer.

Malcolm