[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

neons & rsg

From: 	Mad Coiler[SMTP:tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, August 08, 1997 10:43 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	neons & rsg

I had one more question about synch gaps, but I accidentally deleted the
original post. I think it was John who explained to me how the synch gap
works, but you also said the phasing was trail and error. My question:
what exactly is the phasing - is it the phase angle (of the 60Hz signal)
that the gap fires at? If so does that mean that you adjust it by
rotating the rotor about the motor shaft until the contacts are firing
at the right spot? Surely there must be some part of the synch gap that
takes into account you res. freq. - everything you have told me so far
deals with 60Hz.

Still slightly unsure,
TES