[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The Next Coil

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Sunday, August 03, 1997 4:29 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: The Next Coil

<<
> Does your capacitor size projection seem to hint at an optimum
> primary impedance for all coils, where Z = 1/(2pi x Fres x Cpri)?

> My guess is that the optimum primary impedance will be somewhere
> between 15 and 25 ohms, independent of operating frequency.

>  -GL >>

Greg,

In my projections, I let the impedance "drift" from 126 ohms for a small
coil, to 22 ohms for the large coil.  This was empirically based on a
linear projection of two small coils I built, rather than on any theoretical
underpinnings.

Maybe I'll try your 15 to 25 ohm primary idea and see what happens.

John Freau