[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The Next Coil

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, July 31, 1997 8:14 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: The Next Coil

At 08:24 PM 7/30/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

Greg,

I was elated and vindicated with Telsa's comments in the CSN that design
from the terminal load backwards might prove to be the ideal design
direction.  I had done it since about 1990. (when I frst noted large and
still larger capacities improved effective sparking distance)  I wrote about
this Teslarian wisdom and my confirmation of it in my 1994 book on his CSN
for Tesla coil builders.

My first major observation of the effect was serendipitous in March of 1990.
With more dinking around with the concept, I was sold forever by late 1990
that this was the way to go for increased system performance and have
written in lots of articles in TCBA News, and extoled the virtues of massive

It is good to see someone else thinking this way too.  Good luck with your
new monster system.

Richard Hull, TCBOR