[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Using guts from BTC-3

Subject:  Re: Using guts from BTC-3
  Date:   Mon, 28 Apr 1997 08:24:05 -0500
  From:   David Huffman <huffman-at-FNAL.GOV>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Here is what I have. A small coil 2-7/8" dia secondary ~13" long topped
with a 4"X15" dryer vent toroid, primary is 30deg spiral made with #10
ground bus wire as you mention below, about 15 turns. I get somewhere
around 20" streamers with a 12KV 60mA neon and 5 static gaps.
The primary caps are not the best for TC, they are barium hockey pucks
from a laser supply.
Where on the performance chart does it go?
Dave